2.22.2012

+ artist love: Miss Van

. . .  I was browsing the net today for new tattoo ideas to finish my "art" sleeve and decided to look up some Miss Van pieces. She's one of, if not my favorite female artist. She's from Toulouse and got into dope graffiti in the 90s, painting her thick-with-it girly characters which range from super cute to sexual and mysterious.

. . .Her art embodies all elements of feminism to me and her work continues to evolve over the years.

Here are a few pics that I  love from a piece she did for the Art In The Street Exhibit at LA MoCA last year:






She also teamed up with a fashion designer friend and has her artwork on apparel now and I LOVE it!  I neeeeed these leggings in my life!



-lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Warriors! Thanks For Commenting! I Read Each And Every One & Love Getting Them <3